you started running: About 5
by: Always self coached
positions/performances in races
1st in Yeovil 10, 1976 and 77
2. 1st Somerset cross country champs. 77
3. NI marathon champ. 82
4. 6th NI Senior cross country champs. 83
5. 5th Belfast marathon 83 in a personal best time: 2h 24min 24
6. 1st in vets race at Gateshead cross country, 87
7. 1st vet in Belfast marathon (4th overall), 87 in NI vets record
time: 2h 25min 58
8. 1st vet Belfast marathon, 88
pleasing athletic performance
be my 1987 Belfast marathon run where I ran the stretch from 20
miles to the finish in under 33 minutes.
Most disappointing performance
1984 Belfast marathon where I was leading at 15 miles and second
until 21 miles, then blew up, got cramp, and ended up 23rd, this
time having taken over 48 minutes from 20 miles to the finish.
I've lived and run in a lot of places and am still competing at
60. Northern Ireland is undoubtedly the best place I've lived
as far as my running is concerned and Annadale is, in many ways,
the best club I've run for.